You may go to the gym regularly to tone up your muscles, but are you neglecting the ones that most obviously affect your appearance? Forgetting your facial muscles can lead to frown lines, dropping jaws and eye bags – far more noticeable than flabby thighs.
Facial muscles can benefit from toning exercises. Facial exercises can be performed in the morning and evening as part of your regular routine. These exercises also increase circulation and blood flow to the face, which results in a healthy, rosy glow.
Keep your face looking young by doing this:
- Raise your eyebrows as high as you can and hold them for five seconds.
- Open your mouth as wide as possible and stick your tongue out as far as you can and hold for a few seconds.
- Using your three center fingers, press down on your cheeks and smile as hard as you can to raise your cheek muscles against your fingers.
- Move your nose as much as you can from side to side.
- Lift your eyebrows as high as you can, open your eyes as wide as possible and frown at the same time.
- Pucker your lips out as far as possible into the shape of an “O.” Then change your expression into a wide smile. Repeat several times.
- Sit in a comfortable chair and look up at the ceiling. Pucker your lips and stick your tongue out as far as possible to exercise your neck muscles.
Rolling the Neck
If you do them regularly, you will solve these issues almost instantly! Moreover, they will also relax and strengthen your jaw and neck, and will provide flexibility. What’s more, they can be done at any place, anytime you can! Check them out in the video below:
These exercises are also extremely beneficial for people who feel a tension in the jaw and neck area due to long working on the computer.